by Captain David Ferguson, M.C.
CONTENTS INCLUDE :
- 1. The Formation of the Regiment.
- 2. Training in New Zealand and Egypt; and the Suez Canal Fighting.
- 3. Gallipoli, from the landing to the end of July; including the Cape Helles Fighting.
- 4 The Suvla Bay and Sari Bair Operations.
- 5. The Evacuation.
- 6. From Egypt to France; Trench Warfare at Armentieries.
- 7. The Battle of the Somme.
- 8. Trench Warfare after the Somme; and Preparations for Messines.
- 9. The Battle of Messines.
- 10. After Messines; La Basse Ville; Training for Passchendaele.
- 11. Passchendaele.
- 12. The Polygon Wood Sector; and the Polderhoek Chateau Attack.
- 13. The German Offensive of 1918.
- 14. The Battle of Bapaume.
- 15. The Battle of Cambrai and the Hindenburg Line.
- 16. The Second Battle of Le Cateau, and the Battle of the Selle.
- 17. The Battle of the Sambre.
- 18. The March to Germany, and Garrison Duty in Cologne.
- A. The Canterbury Regiment at Sling.
- B. Showing the Dispositions of the Canterbury Battalions when in the front line trenches, from the arrival of the New Zealand Division in France to the end of winter, 1917 – 1918.
- C. Dispositions of the Canterbury Battalions when in the front line trenches, from April 1918 to the final offensive.
- D. Locations of Battalions when out of the Line in France.
- E. Showing the places at which the 1st and 2nd Canterbury Battalions were billeted on their march from Beauvois to the German Frontier.
- F. Honours and Awards.
- G. Casualty List (deaths only) up to the arrival of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force in France. And is searchable.