Early Otago and Some of it's Notable Men
Written by C. Stuart Ross
1. The founders of Otago.
2. A Wise Patriot.- James Macandrew.
3. A distinguished Colonist. - Hon. George McLean.
4. A Man of Many Parts. - Mr. Warden Robinson.
5. An Old Time Provincial Councillor. - Donald McPherson
6. Don Juan and Roaney.
7. Earnscleugh and the Men we met there.
8. A Wise and Conscientious Politician. - William Downie Stewart.
9.A Scholarly Divine. - Dr Copeland.
10. A Strayed Author's Copy.
11. An Eminent Southland Editor. - Thomas Denniston.
12. Obligations to the Public and State School Teachers. - George Reid.
13. A Popular Inspector of Schools. - W.S. Fitzgerald.
14. An Exemplary Colonist. - Alexander Mathieson.
15. A Widely Respected Christian Worker.
16. An Honoured Citizen of Invercargill. - Thomas Watson.
17. Mutton Birding.
18. Pioneering and Prospecting Experiences.
19. About Poets.
20. The Old Days on the Waiau.
21. Perils of Prolonged Solitude.
22. Friend and Father to his People. - Sir William Macgregor.
23. A Passion Expelled and Post Mortem Laudations.
24. The Perils of Waters.
25. A Hasty Generalisation.
Click on the pages below to enlarge this index shows the people mentioned in the book.